If you feel you have the time and skills available, please read the vacany letter below and complete the application form.
We currently have
Co-opted Governors are important to the strategic development of the school as they broaden the experience and skills base of the governing body and can bring objectivity and a fresh pair of eyes to the issues we face and successfully meet the challenges ahead.
Our school is a sizeable business in its own right and being a member of the governing body of the school is similar in some ways to being on the management board of a business.
Governing bodies play a central role in the strategic management of schools:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the Head Teacher and therefore the performance of the staff and school as a whole.
- Deciding policy and future development plans.
We currently require more co-opted governors to join our governing body and I would be delighted to hear from anyone who is:
- A member of the business community
- Has specific experience in Human Resources and or/ Financial Management
- Has an interest in the performance of the school
- Has a desire to contribute to and represent the community
- An enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and join in debate
- Time to come into the school during the day and attend evening meetings.
The role of the governor is voluntary and yet comes with significant expectations of performance from the Government through OfSTED. You will need to ask yourself, “Can I give the level of commitment required to carry out the role well and best serve the school.”
If you are interested then please contact the Clerk to our Governing Body, Mrs. Cunningham (email@example.com / 01780 470259), for an application form. If you would like to know more before committing yourself then why not first have an informal chat with one of our existing governors or indeed with me. Please email or leave your contacts details as outlined above.