Teaching & Learning
- To ensure that every child has access to the full National Curriculum including
- To agree Curriculum policies and schemes of work as written by the Headteacher and Staff and provide the information to the Governing body.
- To support the Headteacher and Staff in the development of a curriculum framework.
- To prioritise curriculum developments according to need.
- To monitor national test results and make comparisons with other schools using the information to approve targets set for school improvement.
- To recommend statutorily required annual targets to the Full Governing body for approval.
- To monitor the Performance Management cycle as it relates to curriculum developments.
- To ensure draft policies are prepared or regularly reviewed for Governing body approval in respect of sex education, home school agreements, pupil discipline and pupil admissions.
- To provide guidance in the development of Policy provision and procedures in line with the following areas:
- Inclusion (including SEN, Gifted and Talented, Looked After Children,)
- Attendance and Punctuality,
- Behaviour for Learning,
- Safeguarding of children (including Child Protection; Anti Bullying; Health & Safety and Illness),
- Celebrating Student Achievement and Successes.
- Healthy Food and Drink Provision,
- Uniform and Student Appearance,
- Home School Agreement,
- Extended Schools
- To consider pupil view points and opinions
- To consider parent and community points and opinions
To receive and review annual data relating to attendance, exclusions, SEN, and Gifted and Talented
- To monitor and report on use of Pupil Premium.
- To monitor and ensure that relevant aspects of Equality Act are actioned.