School Sports Crew
At KCEPS we have developed our sports crew to work alongside our buddies. Their role is to increase the amount of sport that is completed (outside of curriculum time) and they do this by hosting sports events during playtimes and lunch times, by organising activities for the children to participate in, communicating with the student body to increase the student voice and to deliver sporting competitions alongside the PE Lead. In order to up-skill these amazing individuals, the sports crew attend training to develop their understanding of their individual roles as well their job as a crew.
During our end of year Sports Day the sports crew plan the events, complete a practice event with the children, manage the participants and the parents and set up the equipment for all events.
Sports Crew Lunch Time Activities
King's Cliffe Endowed has in place a School Sport Organising Crew. This is led by our elected House Captains from Year 6.
The SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
- Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
- Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
- Air views and have opinions listened to.
- Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
- Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
- Be valued and seen as an integral part of the school community.
The SSOCrew should be seen as an essential aspect of developing school sport provision that meets the needs of young people.