School Sports Crew
At KCEPS we have developed our sports crew to work alongside our buddies. Their role is to increase the amount of sport that is completed (outside of curriculum time) and they do this by hosting sports events during playtimes and lunch times, by organising activities for the children to participate in, communicating with the student body to increase the student voice and to deliver sporting competitions alongside the PE Co-ordinator. In order to up-skill these amazing individuals, the sports crew have attended training to develop their understanding of their individual roles as well their job as a crew.
During our end of year ‘Sainsbury’s School Games Day’ the sports crew planned the events, completed a practice event with the children, managed the participants and the parents and et up the equipment for all events. A fantastic job, which could not have been completed without the hard work of the Crew.
Sports Crew Lunch Time Activities
King's Cliffe Endowed has in place a School Sport Organising Crew. This is a diverse group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the Sainsbury’s School Games.
The SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
- Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
- Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
- Air views and have opinions listened to.
- Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
- Assist in the development and planning of ‘their’ Sainsbury’s School
- Games programme of activities — based on student voice and need.
- Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
- Be valued and seen as an integral part of the workforce.
The SSOCrew should be seen as an essential aspect of developing school sport provision that meets the needs of young people.
Please see our P.E. Curriculum below for more information.