Playground buddies consist of our Year 4 pupils; who help the playtime supervisors to ensure playtimes are a happy and safe time for all children.
A rota is in place so all buddies have the same opportunity to be a playground buddy once a week.
The role of playground buddies involve:
- Helping children find new friends
- Making children feel comfortable and welcome
- Including children who are lonely and help them to play games
- Being positive role models
- Demonstrate positive play
- Giving support to children to find solutions to a problem
- Being fair and not taking sides
- Helping children if they fall over and comforting them
- Helping children to find something they may have lost on the playground
- Teaching new games
- Helping to put away playtime equipment