World Book Day
This event will take place on 07/03/2019.
World Book Day 2019 will take place on Thursday 7th March 2019 and aside from the World Book Day books, the theme is 'Share a Story'.
Which countries celebrate World Book Day? World Book Day was originally created by UNESCO and first celebrated in April 1995. It is celebrated all over the world on 23rd April but in the UK it always runs on the first Thursday in March. World Book Day 2018was celebrated on 1st March and World Book Day 2017was run on Thursday 2nd March. For more details on which countries celebrate World Book Day, check out the UNESCO website https://en.unesco.org/commemor....
The £1 children's books for World Book Day 2019 were announced on 15th October 2018 and are as follows:
- Ten Little Bookworms by Mike Brownlow, illustrated by Simon Rickerty (Orchard)
- The Hundred and One Dalmatians: Cruella and Cadpig by Peter Bently, illustrated by Steven Lenton (Egmont)
- Claude: Best In Show by Alex T. Smith (Hodder)
- Hubert Horatio: A Very Fishy Tale by Lauren Child (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
- LEGO® Minifigure Mayhem by Helen Murray, Beth Davies & Paula Regan (DK)
- Bad Mermaids Meet The Witches by Sibéal Pounder, with illustrators Jason Cockcroft and Laura Ellen Anderson (Bloomsbury)
For more information check out World Book Day web site:https://www.worldbookday.com/