Finance Resources Personnel
To provide guidance to the Governing Body on all financial and property matters, including Health & Safety, and personnel.
Finance and resources
- To ensure the school offers and obtains value for money.
- To propose an annual budget within LA financial constraints for Governing Body approval.
- To identify how the School’s resources can be best aligned with the School Development Plan (SDP).
- To consider the findings of the most recent Audit and ensure appropriate action is taken to satisfy auditor recommendations.
- To set financial plans which enable the strategic vision of the school to be achieved through the SDP.
- To monitor the financial position of the school against budget and to consider any recommendations from other committees that have a financial impact.
- To prioritise the routine maintenance of the School’s premises.
- To identify capital expenditure priorities associated with the development of the School’s premises.
- To ensure Asset Management Plans (AMP) are regularly reviewed and progress monitored.
- To monitor the provision, including their competency and value for money, of premises related services to the school such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, power and security.
- To ensure appropriate policies are in place and regularly reviewed in respect of security, lettings and health and safety.
- To ensure there is adequate insurance in place in respect of buildings and contents.
- To monitor the use of school premises and achieve an appropriate balance between income generation and the provision of facilities with the community.
- To undertake the School Financial Value Standard (SFVS) audit, put in place an Action Plan and monitor progress against it.
- To advise the Governing Body on personnel issues – where necessary seeking help from outside bodies such as NCC.
- To monitor all staffing arrangements, including issues such as movement through the upper pay spine, retirements and redundancies.
- To monitor the Staff Training and Development programme each term as drawn up by the Headteacher.
- To ensure appropriate policies are drafted or regularly reviewed in respect of recruitment, equal opportunities, staff development, staff discipline and grievance procedures for approval by the full Governing body.
Health & Safety
- To review working practices to comply with NCC and DfE guidance and prevailing legislation.
- To inspect the site and facilities and report back to the Premises committee with findings and recommendations.
- To ensure appropriate risk assessments and equipment testing is carried out on a regular basis and any deficiencies are promptly remedied.
- To ensure appropriate and legally required records are maintained (accident books etc) and reviewed.
- To review regularly the school’s policies on Health and Safety, security, medicines, first aid and educational visits.
- To consider ways of improving safety and security for pupils, staff and visitors.
- To ensure that adequate first aid cover is in place.